Program Announcement for PDFB 2018 Retreat 24:
Challenging Assumptions: The Family's, Our Own.
We and our clients carry assumptions into our work together. Oftimes unspoken or unacknowledged, these assumptions can be useful cornerstones to begin a process of change. "Expressing emotions is helpful" and, "This is family. We should trust each other", typify what we and our clients carry into the room.
However, if we do not bring such assumptions to light, we can get bogged and lose our way. Creative problem-solving gets sidetracked. The work stalls.
Our meeting will address this dynamic. This is an opportunity to deepen and enliven conversations with each other about our work.
April 27 to April 29, 2018
Hotel Orrington, Evanston Illinois
PDFB Program Committee 2018
- Gaia Marchisio gmarchis @ kennesaw.edu
- Patricia Annino patricia.annino @ rimonlaw.com.
- Andrew Hier ahier @ cfeg.com
- Jeff Savlov jsavlov @ blumandsavlov.com
- Sharon Dorsett scdorsett @ gmail.com
- Lilli Friedland lillif @ executiveadvisors.org
- Barry Graff bdgraff @ gmail.com
- James Weiner dr.jweiner @ Inheritingwisdom.com
- Paul Sessions sessionspl @ gmail.com
- Gerry Donnellan (Chair) gerryd @ big-leap.com
2018 Retreat Presentations
- Barry Graff, Paul Sessions and Prudy Gourguechon
Title: Obsolescence or Continued Generativity. (Friday Keynote)
- Sharon Dorsett & Michael Madera
Title: Getting in their own way: why members of family businesses don’t change and what can be done about it.
- Ira Bryck
Title: You (the protagonist) are in the hot seat, working out your stuff about Them (the antagonists)
- Jamie Weiner
Title: In the Land of Giants: Redefining Rites of Passage
- Thomas Hubler
Title: Family Business Consultants as Leaders: Understanding our Shadows to Create Light for Our Clients
- Jeff Savlov:
Title: Interview with Ferrara Next Gen Member
- Gerry Donnellan
Title: The DL: Assumptions I have made.
Please sign up for PDFB on LinkedIn. Enter “PDFB” in the LinkedIn search field. We will eventually discontinue use of the yahoo groups page.